What I Gain
Build your skillset.
Push your boundaries.
Climb the leadership ladder.
There are many reasons, both professional and personal, to take on a volunteer mentoring or advisory role with Education United...
Key Educational Skills
* Delivery of training
* Feedback delivery
* Active listening
* Questioning strategies
* Relationship building
* Understand the impact of mentoring on individual, team & organisational performance
* Facilitate professional learning of teachers
* Work effectively within a system
* Become a catalyst for change
Supercharge your Career
* Be an asset and valued member of staff wherever you go -whether in the classroom or a leadership role, you’ll rise above and beyond utilising your expeerience
* Bring back what you have learnt to the UK to improve the impact of your own practice
* Widen your teaching experience in an alternative setting
* Push your professional boundaries working in a unique and challenging environment
* Bring back what you have learnt to the UK to improve impact your own practice
* Immerse yourself in another culture
* Provide opportunities for partners / dependent(s) to get involved in this unique experience
* An alternative to your average holiday / travel experience, or even a possible to add on a holiday
* The satisfaction of making a difference in the education of children in a developing country
Boost your CV
* How many people are able to put an experience like this on their CV?!
* If taking on a mentoring role you'll receive a certificate for completing your training course
* Our programme will make you stand head and shoulders above the rest, catching the eye of potential employers
Experienced teacher with a family? Want to be able to get involved and take your family with you?
We understand that many experienced teachers may want to enbark on charitable work in developing countries but find committing difficult due to family commitments. To help teachers who want to get involved we offer community work placements to partners and dependent(s) of teacher mentors, that way everyone can get involved and be part of something amazing!
We'll look at the skill set partners and older dependents can offer as well as the age of younger dependent(s). In discussion with you we can arrange a suitable placement for members of your family. Some possible placements are; classroom painting, building, landscaping school grounds and setting up new classrooms. For for information please contact us direct to discuss this in more detail.